Literacy Narrative Reflection

I think this assignment was fair for our first, since we’ve just started this course and it doesn’t require any extensive research or interpretation on outside information. I really had to dig deep into my younger self and figure out what it was that got me into writing and how it grew overtime. I wasn’t even going to go through with the idea I wrote out. It was one of three options: how I came to love reading, this one essay I literally broke into tears over, or my history with writing, which was the one I ended up doing. One reason I chose it was to fulfill the page requirement, because I felt like I should take advantage of it to write as much as I could. Obviously quality goes over quantity, but I wanted to make it as engaging as I could, so I chose a topic I could expand on as much as possible.

It took me some time to plan out the direction I wanted my essay to go into, which is unfortunate since I waited until the last minute to write and revise my essay (Literally, it’s 10:19 as I write this. Awful, I know, but my I like to think that my writing is best under pressure) . Nonetheless, I still think I did kind of good. For my first college-level writing piece, I’m kind of nervous to see how my writing is at a college writing standard. I like to think of myself as a good writer, but I don’t know how my writing comes off to a college professor.